A place to see Announcements for the website.
For new categories like Technology, News, Science, Sports etc. I feel that they should primarily be based on recent news, so basically news articles. I'll probably set something up so they automatically have trending news posted to them. Hope this makes sense! Let me know if you disagree. I just feel that this is a better approach than people just posting things like 'who else likes football?' - Soon I think categories will need a short guidelines section in place. Please let me know your thoughts.
Big website update today!
Here are some of the main changes…
- User profiles are public
- User profiles show their total number of posts, likes on their posts, comments, and likes on their comments
- User profiles show their posts, liked posts and followed categories
- User profiles have the ability to add a user description
- Settings page for users to change their username, email and password. Soon they will be able to delete their account too
- User information shown top left
- Follow / unfollowing buttons disabled in the left side menu and recommended categories box. Please use your user following page instead. We will soon be adding a categories page allowing users to browse all of them and follow/unfollow easily
- General design and layout changes
- Bug fixes
- Other things I’ve probably forgot to mention
Please use the Feedback category to tell us what you like / dislike about this update!
The next big feature that we’re focussing on will be Notifications.
Hey guys, we’ve just updated the website! Here’s a brief rundown of what’s been improved:
The highly requested ‘Remember me’ option has been added to the login page, as well as a ‘Forgot password?’ option.
It now shows paragraph spacing for posts, as I am showing off for this one (using multiple lines). - We'll improve this next update.
There is now a search bar above the list of categories, which will help as the number of them increases.
We’ve made some improvements to the design of the site, which will be especially noticeable for PC users.
Finally, we’ve been working on fixing bugs that have been happening behind the scenes, and some other small things.
The next thing we’re focussing on is profiles, followed by notifications. Exciting times ahead! Please stay tuned and thank you to those of you actively using and supporting the website. If anybody has any other suggestions you’d like prioritised then please let us know. We’ll push them to the top of the to-do list just for you ;)
Another update today that computer users will notice is a sidebar on the right, with some information about each category including a description, total number of posts and total number of followers. As well as this, a suggested box will appear below showing 3 categories that users might be interested in! Please let us know of any bugs that may occur after this update. We hope that you enjoy watching the site improve more and more each week! Lots more to come ;)
Users can now filter categories in the sidemenu to only show categories that they follow, and they can set the default calbel.com homepage to either show 'All' posts, or 'Following' posts (only posts from categories that the user follows). If you find any bugs with this, please let us know!
Just updated the sidemenu and made changes to parent categories. Unfortunately, everybody who were following categories have been unfollowed, so you will have to re-follow the categories again. Sorry about this!